Monday 9 May 2011

Evaluation part 7 - Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Throughout this part of my Media course, i have learnt a lot of what actually goes into creating just one issue of a music magazine, or any magazine for that matter. Although when it comes to creating a real music magazine, the roles of who does what are divided up, for example, there will be photographers, editors, and writers. Whereas, i had to carry out all of these jobs myself.
Additionally, i had a few months to create my music magazine pages, whereas most companies that produce music magazines only have a couple of weeks. This made me realise that a lot of hard work and effort goes into making a music magazine and the people from these companies must be amazing at their jobs because they produce extremely professional magazines very often.




When comparing my prelim task to my final magazine front cover, you can tell the difference in the quality of the two and therefore how much i have learnt in the process of making my magazine. My final magazine cover has more professional looking tag lines and a more attractive looking title. Additionally, the front cover images both differ greatly. The image from my prelim was taken in a hurry and did not have a lot of thought put into it. On the other hand, the image on my front cover was well planned and thoughtout.

No comments:

Post a Comment